Monday, April 14, 2008

First day in the 80's

That'd be 80 degrees. Well, that's what the forecast said for today; I don't actually know if it reached it, but it sure felt GREAT!! So, of course, we hit the trail - Provo River Trail. It's great living so close to it. Tons of people had the same idea. I think this was our count:
  • 2 snakes (I guess snakes mate, right?? Either that, or this was a 2-headed one...I didn't point it out to Addy...)
  • 4 ducks
  • 6 dogs
  • 1 lost sunhat, only to be retrieved on our way back thanks to the nice old man who hung it on a tree!!
  • a gazillion bike riders

Addy all decked out with sunglasses and sunhat

near the start of the hour+ walk

Lauren about halfway through...aha! the plan worked!

This isn't one of the dogs included in our count, but we stopped at a friend's house on the way home and Lauren looked so cute giving the dog, Aris, a hug. She must have felt bad after biting her ear, paw, and back...yuck!

We ended the day with a BBQ and games with some friends. I can smell summer already! Great day!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Snow last week, 80 degrees this week? I miss Utah!

I got the original Office on Netflix, so I'll report back soon! Thanks for the tip...

Wilde Lady said...

I miss Utah!! There are just somethings that I can't stop loving, like taking hikes up in the mountains, by the river, that smell of summer. We don't get that here,it's more like can't breathe to much water in the air. The girls look soo cute! How do you get them to keep the hat and sunglasses on? Kate's not there yet.I can't wait to see you guys, we're going to have so much fun!

Brittany & Barry said...

Well, Nik - You'll notice only Addy has her hat and sunglasses on - Lauren was having none of it. That pic was taken early on...Addy ended up hatless too. I keep trying. :)